Below are some of the library resources that can provide further guidance on this topic. The Hamilton County Law Library has many other resources in addition to the highlights we present below. Please call us at (513) 946-5300. If you have any questions about these materials.
This guide is intended to give some basic information on Divorce Law in Ohio.
Disclaimer: Hamilton County Law Library staff, as a service to its patrons, provides reference services and information, including these research guides. To protect the public interest, Ohio law requires that legal advice and services be rendered only by qualified attorneys who are subject to the guidelines of the courts. Library staff members do not interpret the law, provide legal advice, or explain court procedures. The information provided is not a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. None of our services shall be construed as giving legal advice.
Below you will find the sections of Ohio Revised Code that govern divorce and dissolution.
O.R.C.3015: Divorce, alimony, annulment, and dissoulution of marriage
O.R.C. 3105.17: Complaint for divorce or legal seperation
O.R.C. 3105.171: Equitable division of marital and separate property - distributive award
O.R.C. 3105.62: Residency requirement
O.R.C. 3105.63: Seperation agreement provision
O.R.C. 3105.64: Time of court appearance after filing petition
The Law Library is open Courthouse hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00.
For directions to the library and a list of holidays, see http://lawlibrary.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/about/.
We cannot provide research by phone or email, except for governmental officials and subscribers. Please come into the library for research guidance and self-help.
In person: Hamilton County Courthouse 1000 Main Street, 6th floor Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
By phone: 513.946.5300
On the web: http://lawlibrary.hamilton-co.org/
By fax: 513.946.5252
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need legal help?
The Law Library is open to the public for self-help during its regular business hours. The information provided is not a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney.
For legal assistance, consider the following organizations:
• Lawyer Referral Service, Cincinnati Bar Association A free referral and a reduced consultation fee for the first 30 minutes http://www.cincybar.org/about/services/lawyer-referral-service.php 513.381.8359
• Lawyer Referral Service, Northern Kentucky Bar Association A free referral with hourly fees established by particpating attorneys http://www.nkybar.com/includes/referral.aspx 859.781.1525
• Legal Aid of Greater Cincinnati Legal representation, information, advice and referral for people in need of legal help http://www.lascinti.org/ 513.241.9400
• Pro Seniors Legal Hotline and Referral Service Help for persons over the age of 60 http://www.proseniors.org/ (800) 488-6070
• Disability Rights Ohio Advocates for the human, civil, and legal rights of people with disabilities in Ohio http://www.disabilityrightsohio.org 800.282.9181
• Ohio Attorney General, Services for Consumers Help resolving consumer issues, tips on scams and deceptive practices http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers 800.282.0515