This guide is intended to give some basic information on Disability Law.
They are many types of issues with Disability, such as, Discrimination, Social Security benefits, Employment, Educational, Public Accommodations, Governmental services, Housing, Transportation, and Telecommunications.
Disclaimer: Hamilton County Law Library staff, as a service to its patrons, provides reference services and information, including these research guides. To protect the public interest, Ohio law requires that legal advice and services be rendered only by qualified attorneys who are subject to the guidelines of the courts. Library staff members do not interpret the law, provide legal advice, or explain court procedures. The information provided is not a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney. None of our services shall be construed as giving legal advice.
American with Disabilities Act https://www.ada.gov/pubs/ada.htm
Individuals with Disabilities Education Act https://idea.ed.gov/
Family Medical Leave Act https://www.dol.gov/whd/fmla/index.htm
Social Security Benefits for People with Disabilities https://www.socialsecurity.gov/disability/
Social Security: Apply for Disability Benefits https://www.ssa.gov/applyfordisability/index.htm
Ohio Disability Rights https://www.disabilityrightsohio.org/topic-areas
Ohio Civil Rights Commission https://crc.ohio.gov/
Department of Justice: Disability Rights: https://www.justice.gov/crt/about/drs/
Department of Justice: A Guide to Disability Rights Law https://www.ada.gov/cguide.htm
Federal ADA and Disability Resources https://www.ada.gov/ada_fed_resources.htm
The Law Library is open Courthouse hours, Monday-Friday, 8:00-4:00.
For directions to the library, see https://lawlibrary.hamiltoncountyohio.gov/
We cannot provide research by phone or email, except for governmental officials and subscribers. Please come into the library for research guidance and self-help.
In person: Hamilton County Courthouse 1000 Main Street, 6th floor Cincinnati, Ohio 45202
By phone: 513.946.5300
On the web: https://lawlibrary.hamiltoncountyohio.gov
By fax: 513.946.5252
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Need legal help?
The Law Library is open to the public for self-help during its regular business hours. The information provided is not a substitute for legal advice from a licensed attorney.
For legal assistance, consider the following organizations:
• Lawyer Referral Service, Cincinnati Bar Association A free referral and a reduced consultation fee for the first 30 minutes https://www.cincybar.org/LRS/Request-Form 513.381.8359
• Lawyer Referral Service, Northern Kentucky Bar Association A free referral with hourly fees established by participating attorneys https://www.kybar.org/page/lawreferserv 859.781.1525
• Legal Aid of Greater Cincinnati Legal representation, information, advice and referral for people in need of legal help https://www.lascinti.org/ 513.241.9400
• Pro Seniors Legal Hotline and Referral Service Help for persons over the age of 60 https://www.proseniors.org/ 800.488.6070
• Disability Rights Ohio Advocates for the human, civil, and legal rights of people with disabilities in Ohio https://www.disabilityrightsohio.org 800.282.9181
• Ohio Attorney General, Services for Consumers Help resolving consumer issues, tips on scams and deceptive practices https://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Individuals-and-Families/Consumers 800.282.0515